Layered Berry Crunch
Crikey, this is so good. It’s true, it does just the job for breakfast, however we have found this to be a perfect pudding too – rich, decadent and delicious.
Here's how you do it
1. Find four clean and clear glasses or jars.
2. Layer in the ingredients one at a time – my favourite combo (pictured here) is yoghurt, jam, raspberries, granola, yoghurt, jam, granola, raspberries. However, you may of course experiment to your heart’s content to find your favourite combination. I find a long handled spoon works well for not smearing the different layers on the glass as you place them in. Otherwise it resembles more a Jackson Pollock painting.
Ok, ok. This is more of an assembly rather than a recipe, I know, but it is too good not to share. This is very easy to make, youngsters adore them, and us oldies too. Raspberries have a long cropping period due to different varieties so you should be able to enjoy this wondrous little delight for a large part of the year.
These are best eaten straight away so that the granola does not become soft. Making them just before works fine though. Or pile the ingredients onto the dinner table and have fun with the family, swapping best layering techniques.
They look so pretty, they will make your heart sing, if you’re an old romantic like me.
- 150g of fresh raspberries
- 500g Tim’s Dairy Greek style yoghurt
- Jar of The Wooden Spoon’s strawberry jam
- Bag of our pecan and maple granola